COVID 19 Tournament Plans
September 2020 – The Ministry of Sport for BC (Via Sport) have accepted plans for the Victoria Bowmen through Archery BC for a Return to Sport Plan, members attending tournaments must be familiar with our plans as outlined on our Documents Page. With the closing of our outdoor range September 26th, we will attempt to host events at other venues, watch the calendar for more information.
Take a shot at an archery competition! The Victoria Bowmen attempt to hold monthly combined Canadian 720, 900, and T2S900 tournament shoots at the outdoor range, dependent on the availability of judges and volunteers for set up. Various distances are available for almost all levels, from beginners to experts. All competitors are welcome.
Shoots registered with Archery Canada will have a judge and use a time clock. Shoots not registered will be informal and use a whistle.
For the Canadian 900s there are two distance options:
- The standard 900 distances of 55, 45 and 35 M (30 arrows at each distance)
- The 900 training distances of 35, 30, and 25 M (30 arrows at each distance)
For further information on rounds, categories, and distances for each age group, refer to Book 2, Chapter 4 of the Archery Canada Rulebook, or visit our pages on archer categories and tournament scoring.
When shooting at registered Victoria Bowmen tournaments:
- Set up for the shoot starts at 9:00 am – all club member shooters help set up.
- Practice starts at 9:30 am.
- Scoring begins at 10:15 or 10:30 am (maximum 45 minutes for practice).
- There is a 10-15 minute break between distances.
- Members are asked to put away their butts etc. if they leave early, and those who shoot the events are asked to help with take down when the shoot is complete.
- Archers Anonymous will still take place after the morning 900 tournament session, at approximately 12:30pm.
Each year Victoria Bowmen conducts a draw for 2 free memberships based on participation in the club’s tournaments. Each time a club member shoots a tournament and submits a score, their name is automatically entered into the draw. At the end of the year, two names are drawn for free memberships for the following year.
Club members are only eligible to win once every five years. The free memberships are for the Victoria Bowmen portion of membership fees, not the Archery Canada portion.
Shoot a tournament, have fun, and have a chance at the membership draw!
Register For A Tournament
To register for an upcoming tournament, please fill out the form below and pay your fee with exact change on the tournament day, or register and pay online through Eventbrite (processing fees may apply).