About Your Archery Canada Insurance
Archery Canada (AC) insurance is only available through club or provincial affiliation. This service is sold in cooperation with the Provincial Archery Associations in Canada.
Third party coverage for public liability and property damage (PL&PD) is included with your AC membership. The policy has a $5,000,000 limit, covering normal archery activities. This includes your shooting at any club in registered events and tournaments.
It provides secondary coverage for hunting, but does not cover professional or business activities.
Coverage extends to AC members, affiliated clubs & affiliated Provincial Organizations
Coverage begins the day you mail your application and fees to your AC affiliated Provincial Organization and expires December 31 of that year.
Archery Canada Insurance Program
With your membership in Archery Canada you are automatically included in their “Liability Insurance” program. Only a Club, Association or Member in good standing may obtain the benefit of this program. The insurance provided is another example of Archery Canada’s response to the needs of Archers in Canada.
The following summary is provided for convenience only. It is not intended to replace the policy or certificate nor to modify the conditions applicable to them:
Limit of Liability is an inclusive limit of $5,000,000 providing indemnity for clubs, their officials, volunteers, employees and members due to legal liability as a result of injuries or death to persons and damage to property of others arising out of all club operations including the following extensions and/or sub-limit, however, coverage for members and volunteers is excess of their own personal liability insurance but becomes primary if there is none.
- Tenants Legal Liability (Broad Form) – sub-limit of $1,000,000. which covers on a Blanket Basis Legal Liability for damage to buildings of others rented or occupied by the Club/Association (Subject to a $1,000. deductible).2. Products Liability – is designed to cover your Legal Liability for injury or death to persons or damage to property of others caused by a condition in a product sold, distributed or handled by you, after it is in the customers’ possession and away from your premises (e.g. food, supplies).
- Medical payments – limits of $2,500. (maximum of $25,000 per incident) each person pays reasonable medical expenses incurred by non employees and non association members as a result of accidents on the premises or within the scope of the club operations. This area of coverage applies only to third parties
- Property Damage – on an “Occurrence Basis”, covers events that occur during the policy period, regardless of when a claim is launched (subject to a $1,000. deductible).
- Blanket Contractual Liability – protects against bodily injury or property damage assumed under oral and written contracts or agreements.
- Cross Liability Clause – means that each club insured is protected in the same manner and extent as though a separate policy had been issued to each but it does not increase the policy limit of liability beyond the amount for which the insurance company would have been liable if only one person or club had been named as insured.
- Personal Injury – Limit of $5,000,000. Covers for injury arising out of certain specified offenses such as libel, slander, false arrest, malicious prosecution or violation of an individual’s right of privacy.
- Non-owned Automobile – Limit of $1,000,000. Protects the club from legal liability for bodily injury or property damage from the use of any motor vehicle not owned or leased by the club but used by anyone on the club’s behalf (i.e. a member may be in a car accident while on club business and his own insurance may prove to be inadequate or non-existent.
- Employees & Volunteers as additional Insured – extends liability coverage to employees and volunteers acting within the scope of their duties.
- Limited Watercraft Coverage – provides cover arising out of the use or operation by or on behalf of the club of any watercraft not exceeding 8 metres in length.
- Worldwide Coverage – for damages with respect to bodily injury or property damage provided that suit for any such damages against the insured club is brought within Canada or the Continental United States of America.
- Owners Protective Liability – is designed to provide coverage for an insured club against legal liability imposed arising out of work performed by independent contractors on their behalf.
- Employee Benefits Liability – $1,000,000 aggregate, provides cover for a claim made by an employee or former employee caused by an error or omission in the administration of an “Employee Benefits” program ($1,000. deductible applies).
- Incidental Malpractice – covers for liability incurred from rendering or failing to render professional medical, dental or nursing services by a facility maintained for employees’ benefit and convenience
- Advertising Liability – $100,000 sub-limit, covers injury arising out of an offense committed during the policy period occurring in the course of the Named Insured’s advertising activities if the injury arises out of libel, slander, defamation, violation of right of privacy, piracy, unfair competition, or infringement of copy right, title or slogan.
- 60-Day Notice of Cancellation – the Insurance Company cannot cancel the policy without giving at least 60 days notice; 15 days in the event of non-payment of premium
- Intentional Acts – Bodily Injury protection is extended to include reasonable force when in protection of persons or property.
- Participant Coverage – The policy includes cover for injury to participants and would respond normally to any such injury as it would to any Third Party injury.
MAJOR EXCLUSIONS are liability arising out of:
- The use or ownership of any automobile, aircraft, or watercraft over 25’ in length.
- Intentional acts (unless to protect persons or property).
- Damage to property owned, used or occupied or in one’s care, custody or control. (See Tenants Legal Liability extension).
We remind you that the insurance policy is a legal document and that this condensed version of the policy coverage is not intended to be an exhaustive explanation or interpretation of the actual policy.
If you have any questions concerning the coverage, please contact us directly and we will be pleased to answer them.
B.F. LORENZETTI & ASSOCIATES INC.
2001 McGill College
Telephone: (514) 843-3632, (800) 465-2842
Fax: (514) 843-3842
Email: sports • BF-Lorenzetti.ca (replace • with @)
CONTACT: ROXANNE JOBIN, Account Executive