Introductory Archery Lessons
Learn archery from archers! Victoria Bowmen has partnered with Saanich Recreation to offer regular introductory archery lessons for those interested in trying out the sport. Who knows — you might find yourself at the Olympics someday!
Saanich Commonwealth Centre is responsible for all beginner lesson bookings, so all registration, scheduling, and pricing questions should be directed to Saanich Recreation staff. You can contact them at (250) 475-7600.
- Both adult archery lessons and kids archery lessons are available.
- All courses are taught by an Archery Canada qualified coach.
- Each course consists of 6 one-hour lessons.
- Club equipment will be provided for use during the course. Instructors can offer advice on purchasing your own equipment at the end of the course.
- Fall and winter (Saanich Commonwealth Place) and summer (Victoria Bowmen Outdoor Range) instructional programs will be conducted as interest warrants.
- Courses will cover:
- General introduction to archery concepts and organizations
- Range safety and etiquette
- Equipment selection, care, set-up and use
- Fundamental archery technique
Private lessons are available for those budding archers requiring a more personal, tailored approach, or for those whose busy schedule overlaps with the dates and times of the courses currently on offer through Saanich Recreation.
Basic recurve equipment (bows, arrows, targets, etc.) can be provided upon request. Compound lessons are only available to participants with their own equipment.
All private lessons are held at our outdoor facility at 2401 West Burnside (unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor) and are subject to instructor availability, available daylight hours, and the elements (we don’t teach in heavy rain or wind). It is recommended that you discuss these matters and any other concerns or requirements that you might have with your instructor beforehand.
|Number of attendees||Cost (per hour)|
If you require lessons for more than 3 people, please refer to our Group Lessons.
Please bear in mind that instructor time is limited, and we strongly recommend that you attend a regular introductory lesson before deciding on private lessons. If you still feel that private lessons are for you, you can request a session by filling out the form below: