Here is the latest news and upcoming events for Victoria Bowmen:
There will be no archery after December 20th and we will most likely start up again at the beginning of January.
Our use of the outdoor range on Burnside Road has been extended until February 1st, 2021.
Please remember your COVID protocols for indoors:
- Wash/sanitize your hands
- Wear a mask to and from the gym
- Sign in at the door
- Keep a distance of 2 meters – this probably means only 2 archers per butt and we may have to shoot in 2 lines
- If you’re not feeling well please stay home!
New Membership System
- Remember: if you renew for 2021 before Dec 31, your BCAA/Archery Canada Dues are cut from $75 to $37.50. You can now renew automatically on our website.
- Membership cards: the new system sends out a .pdf copy of your VB/AC/BCAA card once you have completed the waiver and paid your fees. We are now asking that all members print this card out and have it on your person or on your quiver whenever you use our ranges. We will no longer be sending out Victoria Bowmen cards unless specifically asked to do so.
Range Safety Officers
We still need more Range Safety Officers! It’s just a matter of taking a quick online course on the Archery Canada website. It would be most appreciated if we could have some more of you get this qualification!
Saanich Commonwealth Place is now running intermediate courses in the same time slot as the Adult classes on Sunday mornings. Contact Saanich Recreation to sign up.