Victoria Bowmen Association
September 24, 2020 Newsletter
Here is the latest news and upcoming events for Victoria Bowmen:
We just got the go-ahead from Saanich Commonwealth Place and our indoor season starts this Sunday, September 27. We will be shooting from 12:30 from 3:30. Usually this would be JOP but JOP cannot be organized in time for this Sunday so the whole time slot will be open to the club.
Starting October 4th and for the rest of 2020 our schedule will be:
- 12:30 – 2PM JOP
- 2:PM – 3:30 – Victoria Bowmen member shooting.
- Members must be cognizant of the VB ‘Return to Play Plan’, which was developed in cooperation with Saanich Recreation, BCAA and Via Sport BC, please have a look at the document and practice what it outlines whenever you are ‘on the range’ – In short, if you are not willing to follow these guidelines, please stay home!
- We are awaiting on Saanich Recreation concerning Thursday nights
22 members braved the dark and rain for our COVID AGM, it was a successful meeting with the following members elected to the Board:
- Al Wills, President
- Greg Birtwistle, Vice-President
- Helena Myllyniemi, Treasurer
- Ellen Vander Hoek, Secretary
- Larry Gagnon, Membership Director
- Helena Myllyniemi, Lessons
- Kendra Savich, Webmaster/Equity Director
- Greg Cargill, JOP Director
- Doug Linton, Board Member/Director at Large
- Bruce Somers, Board Member/Director at Large
- Jarrod Ball, Board Member/Director at Large
- Dave Ball, Board Member/Director at Large
- Lisa Lange, Board Member/Director at Large
- Richard Lange, Board Member/Director at Large
- Billy Sanderson, Board Member/Director at Large
- Ralph Clark, Board Member/Director at Large
- A life membership was conferred to Jim Birtwistle for his longstanding dedication to our Outdoor Ranges – congratulations Jim.
- New Range – We are in the final stages of our negotiations for the new range, we hope to have an announcement next week.
- Old Range (Burnside) – we have been extended to the end of October, there will only be 3 butts available, please remember individual safety – all archers shoot and collect arrows at the same time!