Victoria Bowmen Archery Association
Meeting Minutes – Thursday July 16, 2020
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by the President at 7:00pm
Al Wills, Kendra Savich, Greg Birtwistle, Greg Cargill, Frank Perry, Vesa Myllyniemi, Doug Linton, Al Anderson, Lisa Lange, Helena Myllyniemi, Ellen Vander Hoek.
- Chairman’s Opening Remarks
The President welcomed the Board Members present and thanked them for attending the meeting.
There is no correspondence to report this meeting.
- Approval of Minutes
The minutes from the last meeting were not reviewed at this meeting.
- Reports Around the Room
No reports were presented at the meeting.
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- Saanich Commonwealth Place is slowly opening some services so the club is keeping current with Commonwealth in hopes of starting indoor shooting earlier than usual. This still depends on the COVID-19 developments in the area.
- New Business
- The club is following up on leads for a possible new outdoor range location; more information will be provided if things look promising. The president will remain available by phone to answer any member questions (250-727-8351).
- The last day at the current range is August 30th, however most equipment will most likely be removed by the 29th.
- We need to get word out for a Work Party on August 9th – 10 a.m. (BBQ to follow – if we can find cooks). Then ‘Final Shoot’ get-together/BBQ with former members.
- The board is looking at options for storage of tractor, toilets, and butts. The consensus was to build new butts if a new range location is found.
- The work party at the club will be dismantling the range while still respecting social distancing protocols. More information will follow.
- Annual General Meeting – Tentatively set for September 24th at Saanich Commonwealth Place (if available).
- This means that we must meet to discuss any changes in dues or bylaws more than 20 days before that date, so we will meet again on Thursday August 20th at 7 p.m. at the range.
- 2021 Dues – as there is no cost for the present (2401 West Burnside) and anticipated higher rental costs for indoor, no change is suggested (Board members please comment).
- Elections 2021 – All board members are requested to contact the Secretary and the President by email ASAP to indicate if you can serve again for the next term.
- Disbursements for Approval
No disbursements were made at this meeting.
- Time and Place of Next Meeting
To be determined, as it depends on the development of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the Good of the Association
Meeting Adjourned by the President at 7:27 p.m.