- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by the President at 7:32pm
Al Wills, Larry Gagnon, Helena Myllyniemi, Lisa Lange, Greg Birtwistle, Greg Cargill, Kendra Savich, Jarrod Ball, Dave Ball, Bruce Somers, Ellen Vander Hoek.
- Chairman’s Opening Remarks
The President welcomed the Board Members present and thanked them for their attendance.
Al Wills: Received a reminder that a report is due following a grant that the club was awarded. This report has been completed and submitted.
Helena Myllyniemi: Received a note from Adam (Saanich Commonwealth Place) asking if the club would consider running indoor adult summer classes. Jarrod will deal directly with Saanich Commonwealth Place to establish options.
- Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the November 26, 2019 Board of Directors Meeting was approved.
- M. Dave Ball. 2nd. Kendra Savich
- Reports Around the Room
Larry Gagnon: There are 107 members paid for January 2020, which is on par with last year. The issues the club was having with Paypal were sorted by Al Wills.
Helena Myllyniemi: The accounts are looking good; the club has paid for BCAA and has received payments from Saanich Commonwealth Place and Brookes School for programs the club had run.
Lisa Lange: The outhouses at the range have been pumped and will be cleaned in time for the 3D shoot this Sunday (9 February)
Greg Cargill: JOP has been very busy with lots of athletes looking for even more shooting time. Note: Greg will be leaving for Ontario in the beginning of June and will be gone until September 2020.
Kendra Savich: Work is still underway on the new website, for anyone who wants to see the progress, they can visit victoriabowmen.com/new
Dave Ball: Drop-ins have been very popular, with over 20 participants at the last few sessions, many of whom are returning participants.
Jarrod Ball: Classes are full, as are wait lists. There has been a lot of success in running Beginner classes and Continuing Archery classes as many attendees at adult classes are repeat participants and separating into groups with differing experience allows the coach to adapt the lessons and make them more appropriate for the skill level at hand. There may be enough interest to run an additional class; this will be discussed with Saanich Commonwealth Place.
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- The board is looking at a couple different options for relocating the outdoor range, including the Friendship Community Church grounds, various locations in the Highlands, and the Victoria Fish and Game Protective Association Archery Range. The club is still looking at vacating the current property by June 2020, and Al Wills may have a lead on some financial assistance for the move through the government/BC Transit.
- Al Wills is in touch with Westshore Recreation for a field and target archery location for the 2021 Championships. A committee will be created separate from the Board of Directors to discuss the logistics of the 2021 Championships.
- New Business
- The committee for the Flat field 3D is working hard and has 8 animals and 2 flat face targets ready for the shoot. The cost will be $10 and the shoot will take place on February 9, 2020, starting at 9:30. Greg Birtwistle is the contact for this event.
- Greg Birtwistle and Jarrod Ball will both be in PEI for the Nationals. Greg will be auditing with the 2021 Championships in mind. M. Dave Ball. Jarrod Ball.
- There may be new software coming into play for registration, membership and other online functions. Al Wills will advise in the future.
- (and e.) The club may be able to host the 2020 JOP indoors, but it is unclear which events are being hosted by which clubs at this point in time. Greg Cargill and Helena Myllyniemi will get in touch with the Cowichan Bowmen to determine this and decide which events will be held where.
- Disbursements for Approval
M. Greg Cargill. 2nd. Larry Gagnon.
- Time and Place of Next Meeting
BOD Meeting March 24, 2020; 7:30 pm at Saanich Commonwealth Place; Room to be determined.
- For the Good of the Association
Members gave positive statements about the club and took a few minutes to recognize the passing of Ron Boorman.
Meeting Adjourned by the President at 8:26 pm