BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes February 27, 2018

Stock photo of the Olympic House board room in Hong Kong.BOD Meeting Minutes: Tuesday February 27, 2018

  1. Call to Order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of the Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:05pm.

  1. In Attendance:

Billy Sanderson, Dave Ball, Kendra Savich, Jarrod Ball, Al Wills, Lisa Lange, Larry Gagnon, Helena Myllyniemi, Vesa Myllyniemi

Regrets:  Bruce Somers, Rick Ellis

  1. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

A call was made for any conflicts of interest to be added to the agenda. None made.

  1. Correspondence

BC Transit information about upcoming range land-use acquirement has been posted to our website.

  1. Approval of the Minutes of Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting of January 23, 2018, as posted on the website and distributed members, was approved. Moved: Al Wills, Seconded: Larry Gagnon and Kendra Savich

  1. Reports

Jarrod for Rick Ellis: Butts were delivered to the range on Tues Feb 27. Analysis of members’ geographical locations in relation to finding a new range was conducted.

Al:  New timers received and have been being testing during club shoots.  Very bright.  Club will purchase tinted Lexan to cover the screen in hopes of dimming the glare.

Helena: Presented cost analysis of what expenses were accrued during the development of the current range.  Presented general financial statement for the club.

Lisa: none

Larry:  Presently there are 140 members (less than this same time last year).  Reminded all about current club practice that new members joining after May 31 pay for full year fee plus BCAA fee which would make them a member to December of the following year.  Advised that an email needs to go out possibly in June to members regarding the future of the outdoor range in relation to memberships – Al to do later.

Vesa: none

Billy: March 18 720 has been cancelled due to lack of judges. Butts arrived, Greg Birtwhistle to adjust the current stands to fit the new butts  – 70m, 25m, 18m. (retro fit, ratchet straps, etc). Locks have been changed. Al ordered more targets in addition to targets ordered by Helena. Next 720’s are April 22, May 13, June 17, July 15, Aug 19, Sept 9, Oct 7.

Dave: Monday night drop-in. Usually 10 guests – 4 are club members.  The new 80cm targets have numbers? Al indicated this is the standard now.

Kendra: Website has been getting a lot of feedback and visits, specifically: range relocation page and BC Indoors page. Took marketing class – working on more club promotion through Facebook.  Bell Media/CTV contacted the club re: news story on the range relocation – Jarrod to follow up.

Jarrod: Bailey Drinkwalter from JOP recently attended BC Winter Games – 6th place. JOP averages 12 – 15 kids. Current adult classes session just finished – Saanich to have 2 adult class next round of sessions due to demand. 18# red club bow with all the adds was recently sold.  Revisited the cost of selling club bows to MEMBERS only – $250: bow, 6 arrows, site, armguard, finger tab.

  1. Business Arising

Al: BC Indoors – 94 registrants to date – hoping for 150. Grant application denied. To book meeting room for ½ before Thursday March 8 club shoot to engage volunteers. Jarrod to book room – Lisa to send out note to all. DOS stand – will make our own. ID badges/lanyards for BC Indoors to minimize registration time. Analyzed best butts to use that are at the range. To cancel club shoots on Thursday March 29 and Sunday April 1st – Jarrod to cancel gym booking, Lisa send out note to all (last mailmatch and last indoor shoot are both on Sunday March 25).  Range relocation: BC Transit Open house on Feb 20 – Al, Mary, Bruce, Bev, Lisa and Helena attended – Transit’s land use proposal well displayed and presented. Future sites still being explored.

Jarrod: Changes to contact info via the club website regarding classes etc, for transparency reasons: removed Dave Ball and Jarrod from contact, Helena is main contact.

  1. New Business

Al: 2020 NAIG – North American Indigenous Games: club had supported the games in the past by renting out equipment for fees, club has been approached again to support the games. Indoor 3D – youth age groups. Storage of new timers: concern about storing timers in damp containers ($3000 each). Billy to keep both timers at home and bring out to shoots, etc. One stand to be stored at the gym, the other at the range. Invictus Training Camp: at the range, first week of April, Helena to facilitate.

Kendra: noted that Saanich Commonwealth Place had changed their online registration process. The links on our site hadn’t been updated – to do.  To buy program for $25 to foster purchasing and storage for pictures/graphics used on our website ($25).

Jarrod: Possible coaching clinic and judging clinics to be held – separate courses – to go out in newsletter.

  1. Disbursements for Approval

Helena: Jarrod: JOP/Adult classes. Claire: classes. Dave: JOP/Adult classes. Moved: Al Wills, Seconded: Kendra Savich.

  1. Time and Place of Next Meeting

Tuesday April 10 at 7pm. Jarrod to book room.

    11. For the Good of the Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

  1. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 8:23pm.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *