BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes January 23, 2018

Stock photo of the Olympic House board room in Hong Kong.

BOD MEETING MINUTES: TUESDAY January 23, 2018

  1. CALL TO ORDER

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of the Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:01pm

  1. IN ATTENDANCE

Jarrod Ball, Dave Ball, Bruce Somers, Al Wills, Lisa Lange, Larry Gagnon, Helena Myllyniemi, Vesa Myllyniemi, Kendra Savich, Rick Ellis, Billy Sanderson, Doug Linton

  1. CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS

Jarrod welcomed everyone to the first meeting of 2018. The Turkey shoot in December coordinated by Billy was a success – thank you and appreciation to Billy for coordinating.

  1. CORRESPONDENCE

Al:  Land Assessment received.  Worksafe BC forms received to renew – agreed not to renew as not needed – the secretary to take conduct of file and contact Worksafe regarding cancelling.

  1. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

The minutes of the meeting of November 21, 2017, as posted on the website and distributed to members, was approved. Moved: Bruce Somers,  Seconded: Al Wills

  1. REPORTS

Vesa: none

Kendra: BC Indoors Registration portion of the club’s website is up and running – 7 registrants so far. Purchased a SSL certificate for security purposes to protect registrants paying by credit card, etc, online was purchased and installed.  Forms are up, Sonia at BC Archery to advertise our BC Indoors on the BC archery site.

Al: none

Larry: 120 members paid so far. Usually sees memberships dribble in in January and February – will send out a reminder (newsletter info) mid-February.  There is a test in conjunction with Kendra regarding payment/registering processes – in transition, and to report next meeting. New methodology in place for getting cards with archer numbers through Archery Canada website. More work for Larry, but doable and better for all in the long run.

Dave: Monday night drop-in: there are about 10 people regularly attending.  55+ program might go – lack of interest.

Bruce: Asked for club’s permission and approval for him to do the yearly tune-up on the tractor mower (as he has done for many years) and to up the fee to $150 plus parts. Moved: Vesa Myllyniemi , Seconded: Al Wills

Billy: Counted targets at the range shed: 17 of 122cm waterproof, 30 of full size Bjorn (string), 350 of 40cm (shed at Saanich), 74 of 80cm 6-ring, 25 of 80cm waterproof.  Helena added that 100 – 80cm and 50 – 122cm World Archery targets were just ordered and received.

  • Feb 4th 900/720 is booked with Archery Canada – need a judge.
  • March 18th 900/720 proposed, not booked with AC yet – need judge.
  • Mapped out the metal pegs in field
  • Sunday Mailmatches are successful – 20 involved – with scores also being collected on Sundays and handed to Brad on Thursday.

Helena: paid up with BC archery and Saanich Rec center – rent a bit higher and will investigate

  • Outdoor toilets – cancelled December pumping but was still pumped. Will credit us. Next pump in March
  • Reviewed financial standings: classes, rents, income. To work with Larry to ensure that monies received from BC Indoor Registrations are kept separate
  • Instrumental in getting Cadet Bailey Drinkwalter to the trials for the BC Winter Games, and successful entry to the games. Roger from Cowichan is Zone 6 coach, Helena is coaching Bailey as well. Suggest to promote JOP members to participate in BC Indoors.

Rick: none

Lisa: none

Jarrod: JOP has 12 – 15 kids on average. Adult classes are full – 16 participants.

  1. BUSINESS ARISING

Shelter move: Bruce – to revisit in March when weather is better. Will need 20 people to physically move.

BC Indoors: Al – all running along smoothly so far. To fix a few glitches online with Kendra. Merchandising will be on website soon – pre-buy only.  Purchase two new clock timers (our old ones from 1995 malfunctioning) – $3200. Moved: Al Wills, Seconded: Bruce Somers. All in favour. Billy has Greg Birtwistle’s bow he built as a prize. Jarrod contacted Shaw re: WIFI support. Al has new sign for club ($20). Al to coordinate more committees closer to indoors. Catering is done.

Butts: Rick – rebuild bulldog. Need new Bloc Range $800 each. Replace at range 18m and 25 m for now, in future 2 for 70m – buy 2 now, buy 2 more in 6 months. Rick to investigate pricing and shipping for 2 and for 4, will advise next meeting and vote on then.

Locks: New combo agreed on, Larry to send out note to membership, Billy to re-set lock January 31st. Al to advise Rogers Communications and Coast Toilets of change – Secretary to note for next year.

Equipment:  Helena indicated that a box of new junior armguards are missing – hoping to find them. And four new left handed bows have been put in the shed at Saanich Commonwealth.

  1. NEW BUSINESS

Executive interest:  In camera discussions regarding Jarrod and the Pacific Archery Academy. Tabled for next meeting.

  1. DISBURSEMENTS FOR APPROVAL
  • Helena: Kendra – website/computer. Matthew – classes. Claire – classes. Metal Club sign via Al. Dave – drop-in/55+. Jarrod – JOP. Larry – office supplies. Helena – targets. Moved: Bruce Somers, Seconded: Jarrod Ball
  1. TIME AND PLACE OF NEXT MEETING

Tuesday, February 27 at 7pm.  Jarrod to book meeting room and advise.

  1. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION

Members gave positive statements on the club.

  1. ADJOURNMENT

Meeting adjourned at 8:56pm.

 

Leave A Comment