BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: Tuesday November 21, 2017

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting November 21, 2017

1. Call To Order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Douglas Fir Room of the Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:10pm

2. In Attendance

Jarrod Ball, Bruce Somers, Al Wills, Lisa Lange, Larry Gagnon, Helena MyllyniemiRegrets: Kendra Savich, Dave Ball, Rick Ellis, Vesa Myllyniemi, Billy Sanderson, Brendan Hodgson

3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

Thanked everyone for coming.

4. Correspondence

None.

5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting of October 24, 2017, as posted on the website and distributed to members, was approved. Moved: Al Wills, Seconded: Bruce Somers

6. Reports

Bruce: Reviewed the shelter for possibilities of how to move it.  Transporting on a trailer is impossible, looking into the possibility of having 16-plus people physically move it. Still assessing how to move it – we are in no panic now as it is winter.

Al: Work on BC Indoors: to meet with SportHost Victoria next week; grant request to in next week; gave sponsorship package to Jarrod; organizing committees have been established; 15 volunteers so far to help – more are greatly welcomed!

-BC transit plans to submit land use request to View Royal this week. BC Transit has indicated they will be having an open house for the neighborhood in January 2018 regarding their plans, and our club might be invited. Details to follow.  No shovels in the ground until at least November 2018.

Larry: 229 members present, but that is not a true count as that reflects new memberships for next year and last years’ yet to expire.

-working with Kendra on an online membership form for new/renewing members. Has been working on IANSEO database.

Helena: nothing new since last meeting. Financial reports were given, status of the club’s finances – positive. Classes being booked already for January. Looked into the possibility of Saanich Rec Centre hosting a 3rd parent/child class due to their popularity and constant waiting lists – no room. Rental agreements for next year are coming soon – reminded Jarrod to sign when they come.

Lisa: Thanked everyone for their patience while she learns secretary position. Discussions about sending out monthly meeting notices to the entire membership, to start in January, with Larry to add a blurb in the ‘new member’ email about meetings – all welcome.

Jarrod: JOP – new kids have just joined. There are usually about 10 – 12 kids per JOP Sunday.  Jarrod has opted out as the Zone 6 coach for BC Winter games.  During the 55+ Class on last Thursday, Saanich Rec Centre had him teach a “Steps to Connect” group in the other half of the gym from the 55+ class – very successful.

-Suggestion and discussion was made to allow parents of JOP members as well as general club members to shoot during the JOP session with the green divider down – club shoot still on until 4:30 – notice will go out in newsletter.

-Drop-in attendance down from last year – presently at 10-12 participants.

7. Business Arising

Shelter move: tabled for now (Bruce Somers, as discussed above)

Silent Auction: tabled for now (Dave Ball absent)

8. New Business

Lisa: discussions about newsletter content. To get guidance and input and distribute asap.

Al: BC Indoors – as follow-up to Thursday Nov 16 organizational meeting: committees have been established, Al to confirm respective chairs; grant request to be submitted; will follow-up with Kendra re: Facebook and other media promo; wants golf shirt with embroidered crest, hats and pins designed and only available upon pre-order with tournament registration

  • Action: Jarrod to find best company to supply.

Bruce: outhouses – what is the fee, how often pumped? Proposed only one outhouse open at a time at all times therefore to cut pumping costs in half. Part of member/cleaner duties is to report in when it needs pumping; propose to put key/lock on other outhouse not being used.

  • Action: Helena to look into best course of action and discuss with Matthew re: cleaning/advising.

Helena: request to have a special coaching/shooting class with Invictus Members in the gym – some are not members of the club – discussions and concerns re: insurance.

  • Action: Helena to investigate more.

All: Turkey Shoot! Need volunteers. Tentative date of Sunday December 10 during regular club shoot if a volunteer(s) can be found. Jarrod to discuss with Billy/tournament director if he can coordinate.

9. Disbursements for Approval

  • Helena: Jarrod for lessons, Matthew for assisting/birthdays. Moved: Bruce Somers, Seconded by Larry Gagnon

10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 7pm – in the Pacific Dogwood Room at Saanich Commonwealth Place.

11. For The Good Of The Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 8:03pm

Leave a Reply