Minutes Board of Directors Meeting April 25, 2017
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Douglas Fir Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:38 PM
2. In Attendance
Jarrod Ball, Al Wills, Mary Wills, Greg Birtwistle, Helena Myllyniemi, Vesa Myllyniemi, Rick Ellis, and Dave Ball.
- Regrets: Bruce Somers, Larry Gagnon, Kendra Savich, Brendan Hodgson, Matthew Lange and Lisa Lange.
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Apologies for the meeting room confusion
- Invictus Games Team appreciation photo – Thank you to Al Wills
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
M Dave 2nd Al – Carried
- Around the room order: –
- Membership – (called in report) Larry We currently have 166 members for 2017;
- Vice President – Al – Has been in contact with the ED of Our Place who runs the choices shelter, they will be added more security and will include our property – his # for our use: Don Evans 388-7112;
- Submitted our updated Bylaws and Constitution to the BC Societies act, they are approved – hopeful that they will not require any further action for sometime;
- Has been contacted by Sport Host Victoria concerning a possible bid for the 2020 or 2022 Invictus Games. He has supplied them with some information on archery at these events and on what we could assist in for hosting;
- Drop In – Dave – Drop is going very well 20 – 25 every week, but one week had only 4! Has been get assistance lately from Solly till the end of May, lots of repeats showing up;
- Range – Greg – Lawn mowed last week, Jimmy did the trimming, looks great! Tractor is working good, the close-range butt will need some work soon;
- Equipment – Vesa – No report;
- Treasurer – Helena – Reported a positive bank balance as most schools and Saanich Recreation are paid up.
- Completed a Coop Team Building 8 people;
- Many school camps;
- Lots of summer program booking starting;
- Has had to complete another payment to BCAA for memberships;
- Tournament – Rick – Only 8 people at the 720/900 this past Sunday, probably weather related – Mary was the judge, the email reminder did not go out?? – 4 from Vancouver had registered, but pulled out;
- Next event May 14th, Mary is judging;
- Social – Mary – No report; and
- JOP – Jarrod – He is now a certified judge;
- Adult classes, he has worked with Saanich for the classes they booked for Sundays, 23 Apr – 3 May, but could not make it work, so had to cancel;
- Mailmatch – 5 medals for VB members;
- BC Indoor Armstrong – 5 VB participants – 2 medals;
- JOP Indoor Cowichan – 7 VB participants – All medalled.
7. Business Arising
- Butts – Jarrod has entire roll of cling wrap for butts to test, discussion on building butts, will use this material for a test butt; – Rick will action
- Discussion on reworking the Donaconna and other butt ideas, Rick discussed his work on getting pricing from Golden Arrow Archery in Regina for ‘Block’ butts, price of approx. $1900 including shipping;
- M Helena/2nd Dave to purchase 2 block target butts – Approved;
- Action Rick will coordinate the order.
- Work Party – Saturday April 29th 10AM
- Clean out grass on shooting line;
- Clean up bag course area;
- Rick and Vesa will meet at Commonwealth Place to work on those butts;
- Vesa has material to repair those butt stands.
8. New Business
- 2018 BC Indoor Championships – Jarrod reported that there was a lot of interest in coming to Victoria for this event, the Board expressed interest;
- Al has done some very preliminary research on the Juan de Fuca curling rink tentative costs are about $2500 for the weekend.
- Considering a ‘Money Shoot’ for Saturday night, perhaps a Buffet dinner;
- Al will see if he can get a budget from Armstrong and will get information from Juan de Fuca;
- JOP Outdoor Championships – Jarrod reported that Cowichan may not host the event, which would put it in jeopardy, we may be asked to host;
- ‘In camera discussions on reimbursement and some volunteer positions’.
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Dave – Drop in / Rick butt material.
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
Tuesday May 30, 2017 7:00PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place Room TBA.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 PM