Minutes Board of Directors Meeting February 28, 2017
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Douglas Fir Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:36 PM.
2. In Attendance
Al Wills, Mary Wills, Bev Somers, Helena Myllyniemi, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis, Vesa Myllyniemi, Jarrod Ball, Matthew Lange, Kendra Savich, Dave Ball, Maurna Davidson, Brendan Hodgson.
- Regrets: Bruce Somers, Greg Birtwistle
- Guests: Sully, Claire
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Been a good start to the year, good tournaments coming up.
- Another payment request scam to Helena; Kendra will look into any ability she might have to filter them.
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
10 January 2017, as read by Al Wils. M Jarrod, 2nd Kendra carried.
- Around the room order:
- Website (Kendra) – Site navigation was changed to try and improve usage; has been busy moving house but is going to get back on track adding content to the site.
- Treasurer (Helena) – Still in the black and just sent billing to Saanich; inundated with requests from schools.
- Equipment (Vesa) – No report.
- Social (Claire) – Will get social media up and going.
- Target (Rick) – Nothing to report other than tournaments cancelled due to weather.
- Junior (Matt) – Outhouses are clean.
- Equity (Lisa) – No report.
- Membership (Larry) – 137 members as of today; discussed redundancy in holding multiple membership cards. Issues with members not displaying cards on the range.
- Brendan – No report.
- Sully – Coaching coming along.
- Lessons (Dave) – Drop-ins going great, 15-20 on regular days except when closed down due to snow.
- Mary – No report.
- Al – Worksafe BC matters sorted.
- JOP (Jarrod) – Classes going great, some wanting to become members, upcoming classes are close to full. JOP a little slow this past Sunday but prior to that has been doing okay. Indoor and Outdoor championships both at Cowichan this year.
7. Business Arising
- Website Changes – All members are invited to contribute content and submit feedback. Will add a link to Al’s Calendar on the Tournament and Events Calendar pages.
- Tournament Schedule – Next is March 19, need judge; April 23 Mary will judge; need judge for May and June.
- Locks – Attended to.
- Target Faces – Did inventory, running out of some indoors but okay for outdoors, settled now except for outdoor full sized 80s.
- Notification Board – Still being worked on.
8. New Business
- Membership Levels – Database doesn’t allow us to accurately track past levels, but have estimated pre-2015 levels and expect to see an income shortfall as we fall back to those numbers. Suggestion of boosting membership by appealing to bow hunters.
- Junior to JOP – Seeing less people coming to JOP, typically because the funds aren’t present.
- Container Organization – Equipment is a mess, needs to be put away in an organized fashion: targets and pegs taken off butts, sorted by size, etc.
- Buttress Rebuilding – One done. Couple of cores have taken a beating and are falling out; touch up with silicone caulking and new foam faces.
- Invictus Games Camp – Moot point; April 3-7 on the outdoor range with Brad Fulsang; 18m.
- Target Pins – Need a lot more, especially at the outdoor range; Jarrod will ask Hugh Williams.
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Bruce for lawnmower repairs
- Al for garbage
- Jarrod for JOP and classes
- Matt for birthdays and classes
- Larry for stationery
- Dave for classes and drop-in
- Helena for birthdays and classes
- M Jarrod, 2nd Al – Carried
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
March 28 2017 7:00 PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place, room TBD.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 8:48 PM.