Minutes Board of Directors Meeting October 26, 2016
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Aquatics Meeting Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:08 PM
2. In Attendance
Jarrod Ball, Al Wills, Bruce Somers, Helena Myllyniemi, Vesa Myllyniemi, Rick Ellis, Greg Birtwistle, Matthew Lange, Lisa Lange.
- Regrets: Larry Gagnon, Mary Wills, Kendra Savich
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Thank you all for coming out. First meeting of the 2017 Board, welcome to all.
- There was no correspondence.
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
This being the first meeting of the new Board, there are no previous minutes.
- Around the room order:
- Membership (sent in by Larry) We currently have 199 members. The website membership pages and the club’s PayPal account have been updated to reflect the small changes to the membership fees. We have eliminated the old paper copy “membership form” to keep things simple as details can now easily be sent via email or telephone. Changes have been made to the Welcome and Renewal emails to reflect shooting time changes.
- I intend to send out the yearly membership renewal reminder email earlier this year – probably mid-November. In previous years’ reminder emails went out too close to Christmas and many members were well into January or February before renewals were paid. I’m hoping this “might” make some difference, but perhaps not 😉
- Equity – Lisa – No report;
- Junior – Matt – Toilets – Now cleaned will move to once a month or less if not required;
- Tournament – Rick – Working on the 2017 Schedule, has contacted others on the mainland and up island to work to keep away from conflicting dates;
- Rick also reported on the successful GRIV Compound clinic on the mainland this past weekend;
- Range – Greg – Has been called to put up new targets;
- Equipment – Vesa – Complete pallet of Donaconna now cut in 12” strips, Donaconna has got VERY expensive.
- Vesa showed the new bow we will be bringing in from now on with a better sight.
- We will continue to sell the old bows $200 including 6 arrows, arm guard and tab. $150 for bow alone. M Vesa 2nd Rick – Carried
- Treasurer/Helena – See financial statements, Lots of lessons and Birthday parties, Saanich has paid recently, we have given more than $2K to BCAA for membership fees. She has paid the rent to date, which is working out to about $900/month;
- Board Member – Bruce – Lawn mower is not working, will look at it soonest;
- Vice President – Al – All discussion on his activities are coming up under new business; and
- JOP – Jarrod – 18 out last Sunday, Adult lessons have 13 in one group and 19 in the other. Saanich has asked to add more students to the next lessons. He has been rotating new and Junior coaches through the program.
7. Business Arising
- 15/16 Oct Coaching Clinic – very successful clinic, 6 from UVic, 2 from the lower mainland, 2 of our JOPs.
- Target Butts short discussion on which targets to re-do with Donaconna and repositioning of the 15M target to allow for grass seed
- Butts – Rick reported on experimentation on a new butt, not having a lot of success, but still working on the concept and has been sharing ideas with the Semiamhoo club on the mainland;
8. New Business
- Outdoor Range Assessment – Al reported on meeting with the professional assessor that is currently doing a report to the Provincial Government on the worth of the property. Al explained this the logical ‘next step’ in the process of the government disposing of the property. It could be a very lengthy process or if everything falls into place it could be quite fast. The property management team has agreed to keep us informed on the process.
- Lisa asked for clarification on her new role as it is new to the Association. Jarrod clarified that that position is to assure that all VB programs are accessible to all and the position is to come up with ideas for serving those who might not be coming out as often as others.
- Lisa discussed the possibility of re trying the Women’s night.
- Butts – Mower – discussion on the recent flat tires on the mower, Bruce explained that neither of the clubs’ mowers are designed for cutting dense brush, he suggested we consider purchasing a used ‘beater’ mower. It was agreed that only the club trimmers should be used on the 3D course.
- Guest Reporting – BCAA has informed us it is now time to once again report the number (and identify) the guests who have used the ranges this year. Al will look after.
- Halloween Shoot – Jarrod reported that they are going to have a Halloween shoot next Sunday.
- Christmas Shoot – Discussion on dates – December 11th 2 – 4PM – subject to finding a chair.
9. Disbursements for Approval
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
November 23, 2016 8:00PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place Pacific Dogwood Room.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM