Minutes Board of Directors Meeting August 25, 2016
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:02pm.
2. In Attendance
Al Wills, Mary Wills, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis, Jarrod Ball, Matthew Lange, Kendra Savich, Greg Birtwistle, Brendan Hodgson, Helena Myllyniemi, Vesa Myllyniemi.
- Regrets: Dave Ball, Maurna Davidson, Bev Somers, Bruce Somers.
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Last meeting of the year before the AGM, so time to finalize that. Been a very busy summer.
- Jordan Reynolds has stepped forward to volunteer as greeter.
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
30 June 2016, as posted on the website. M Mary, 2nd Brendan carried.
- Around the room order:
- Mary – Things going well, last adult lesson on Tuesday.
- Al – Hasn’t heard from anyone on constitution and bylaws so assumes they’re okay. Doesn’t plan on copying them for everyone but available online for public access.
- Range (Greg) – Outdoor range doing good, archers working on bags.
- Membership (Larry) – 186 members, slowed down over 2 months but not too bad.
- Target (Rick) – Last shoot was great, had a number of guests, made some money. Shoots on September 11 and 25. Good support from Vancouver, hopefully some more from up island.
- Brendan – Helping out on Tuesday and enjoying the outdoor range.
- Junior (Matt) – Outhouses cleaned, issues with locks being popped.
- Equipment (Vesa) – Nets were cleaned by hand, picked up butt centers, re-hemmed 3 nets.
- Website (Kendra) – Going to meet up with Jarrod to sort out Nockstars domain, almost done template for new members welcome email.
- JOP (Jarrod) – JOP been slow, going to try to revitalize in the fall when we go indoors. New scoring system coming along.
- Treasurer (Helena) – Westshore payment upcoming, had busy camp week.
7. Business Arising
- Coaching Clinic – Tentative date of October 15-16. Have anyone interested contact Jarrod. Reimbursements based on how many participants. All participants must be members of BCAA.
- Nets – Taken care of, thanks to Vesa.
- New Bows – Continuing on, monitoring prices.
- Coaches For Lessons – Jarrod going to be doing indoor lessons unless anyone else steps up, looking for an assistant. Would like to try and get rotation of JOP and those interested in coaching clinic.
- BBQ & Swap Meet Sept. 18 – No new details, unsure how much interest. Mary handling food. Accepting donations, not charging for space. Archery gear only.
- Target Butts – Order whatever we need for Donnacona, replacement cover for Bulldog, and take a look at the other butts to see which we actually use. M Mary, 2nd Rick carried.
- Police Check – All those to be coaching need to provide copy of police check for Saanich.
8. New Business
- AGM & Bylaw Nominations – Date set for September 29, room booked. Immediate need for new JOP, Lesson, Vice President, and Social directors.
- 2017 BC Outdoors Championship Bid – BCAA is looking for bids, question of whether to step up for nomination. No interest in running it this year, but possibly in the future.
- Membership Fees – No changes to be proposed for the membership fees at the AGM.
- Minutes Privacy – Will make public again.
- Indoor Sunday Timing – Adult lessons 11:30-1:30, JOP 1:30-3:00, club shooting 3-4:30. If space available during JOP times, adult can shoot in other half of the gym. First day is October 2, last day of indoor shooting is April 9. No shoots November 20, December 25, 29
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Mary for adult lessons
- Dave for classes and JOP
- Jarrod for JOP and adults
- Jarrod for windsock
- Bruce for adult classes
- Greg for adult classes
- Rick for paint
- Matthew for outhouses and summer camps
- Helena for camps and classes
- Reimbursement to Vesa for gas for pressure washer. M Al, 2nd Larry – carried.
- M Kendra, 2nd Brendan – Carried
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
September 29 2016 7:00pm at Saanich Commonwealth Place, Arbutus Room.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 9:02 PM.