Extraordinary Meeting of Victoria Bowmen Board April 27 2016
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at Dave Ball’s residence at 7:07 pm.
2. In Attendance
Jarrod Ball, Al Wills, Matt Lange, Helena Myllyniemi, Mary Wills, Rick Ellis, Dave Ball, Bev Somers, Greg Birtwistle, Bruce Somers.
- Absent: Larry Gagnon, Kendra Savich, James Collett, George Trattner.
3. Business Arising
Meeting was called to discuss the issue of receipts for the purchase of club archery equipment still not made available by George Trattner after many requests and after George’s comments at the last board meeting. George stated to James Collett that he will not continue on with the club doing lessons, or as equipment director.
There was discussion by all board members attending. According to club policy we do have grounds to dismiss him from the board and all paid positions.
Moved and seconded effective immediately that George Trattner is no longer a Victoria Bowmen Board member, Instructor, Coach and Equipment Director. Unanimously passed by all board members present.
Jarrod will contact George to set up a meeting along with Bruce Somers to inform George of this action in person, to retrieve all club equipment and to make final lesson payment owed when all club archery items are returned to the club.
4. Additional Items
- Bruce Somers contacted Don Mann re soil for the range – there will be 3 loads coming soon, will need someone to open the gate for the truck.
- Range work party date set for Sat. May 7th, 2016 at 9:30 am with a BBQ lunch provided.
- The toilets need to be pumped again – Greg Birtwistle will call and get this done.
5. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
May 31 2016 6:30pm at Saanich Commonwealth Place, Arbutus Room.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm.