2015 Annual General Meeting
The Victoria Bowmen Club Annual General Meeting will be taking place Monday September 28 at 7:30pm, in the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place. All club members are invited to attend and cast their vote on elected board members, or simply observe.
Members running for election are:
- Jarrod Ball – for President
- Dave Ball – for NAP
- Bruce Somers – for Director at Large
- James Collett – for Lessons/NAP/Repairs
- Matt Lange – for Toilets/Junior Member Representative
- Rick Ellis – for Tournament
- Kendra Savich – for Webmaster
- Larry Gagnon – for Membership
- Brad Clements – for JOP
- George Trattner – for Equipment/Lessons
- Helena Myllyniemi – for Treasurer
- Mary Wills – for Secretary
- Maurna Davidson – for Social Convenor
- Al Wills — will become Past President & Club Advisor
Bruce Somers will be managing the proceedings.
Winter Shooting Schedules
Fall/winter indoor shooting times begin Thursday September 24th at Saanich Commonwealth Place. The new schedule will be as follows:
- Thursday Evening Club Shoot & New Archer Program (7:40 – 9:30 PM)
- Sunday JOP Practice (1:45 – 3:45 PM)
- Sunday Afternoon Club Shoot (3:45 – 5:45 PM)
- There will be no shooting on November 15, December 24, and December 31.
Use of the outdoor range will continue to be available to club members during daylight hours.
In addition, Saanich Recreation will be starting a Monday indoor drop-in program (barcode #687207) on September 21st. This program is not administrated by the Victoria Bowmen Club and is not insured by us, but club members are welcome to use it for extra shooting time. There is a $10 fee per drop in, paid to Saanich Recreation, and you will potentially be sharing the space with beginner archers. Drop-in nights run from 8:00 – 9:30pm every Monday until December 21st.