Minutes Board of Directors Meeting August 17, 2015
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:30 PM
2. In Attendance
Al & Mary Wills, Bev & Bruce Somers, Helena Myllyniemi, Diana Kaun, Rick Ellis, George Trattner, Jarrod Ball, Bradley Clements, and Dave Ball, Larry Gagnon, Matthew Lange, Kendra Savich, James Collett.
- Regrets: Madeleine Lee and Tracy Klat
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Al thanked the Board for coming out and thanked them for their support during the past year. He informed them that the main reason for the meeting was preparation for the AGM (September 28), but there would be some necessary business first.
- Letter from Shared Services BC (Our landlord) confirming that our $500 deposit for the shelter removal was still being held (it had been turned over from the PCC).
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
22 June ‘15, as distributed and posted on the website. M Larry 2nd Jarrod carried.
- Around the room order:
- Secretary (Mary) – No report.
- Treasurer (Helena) – See financial statements, Saanich still owes for July and August, has made 2 payments to BCAA.
- Lessons (George) – Finished last outdoor lessons 32 registered, possible 8 members. Indoor lessons start September 27th, have been selling some of the old wooden bows ($25), has bought some maintenance equipment to keep the other equipment useable.
- JOP (Brad) – Now having 12 – 15 per session, only had to cancel once.
- Membership (Larry) – Still getting 2 or 3 per week, 189 so far this year, fixed the membership information box at the gate.
- Website (Kendra) – Finally got to the new hosting, some server problems, but almost ready to make the switch. Haven’t had much luck with Buy and sell, still working on it! Send updates to her by email.
- Target (Rick) – Next tournament August 23, Helena is judging, Mary is doing the Sept 13 still needs Oct 15, and we’re not getting the mainland archers so turnouts are lower. The Canadian Championships used our controllers, they are back now. Seniors Games will reimburse us for the qualifier.
- Diana – No report – sent out email to try and organize ladies outdoor to 66, got 15 said yes, but only 6 archers showed up – more discussion under Business arising.
- Junior/Toilets (Matt) – All clean and no wasp nests.
- Lessons (James) – Good constant turn out for outdoor lessons, now have a 5 week break before indoor. Shift in management at Panorama rec, will speak to the new contact next week.
- Bruce – Lawn mower is fixed, need a new battery is working fine now.
- NAP Program (Dave) – Program has been on & off all summer, hope to see more consistency with the indoor season coming soon.
- JOP (Jarrod) – Good turnouts lately, some new kids coming out, planning a fun shoot for the end of the season, will award the JOP badges then.
7. Business Arising
- Judge Clinic – Darcy Falk suggests November 22/23, need to get notices out and meeting rooms booked.
- Survey – Overtaken by events, tabled no further action.
- Drop in Archery – Discussion on new Saanich Recreation initiative for Monday night’s beginning September 24th – Saanich will pay our volunteers and people can drop in for $10/night, the club will have 2 free passes per night so that our members can be there to assist.
- Fall Shooting Times – Thurs Sept 24th start, to Apr 28 ’16, 7:40 – 9:30pm.
- Sunday shooting schedule:
- 11:30 – 1:30 – Lessons
- 1:45 – 3:45 – JOP
- 3:45 – 5:45 – Club open shooting
- Ladies Shooting nights – Numbers are down, discussion on the need vs groups getting together before or after.
8. New Business
- Jarrod – will stay on will run for President
- Dave – will stay/NAP
- Bruce – will stay
- James – will stay – Lessons/NAP/Repairs
- Matt – will stay
- Diana – plans to step down
- Rick – will stay/Tournament
- Kendra – will stay/Website
- Larry – will stay/Membership
- Brad – will stay/JOP
- George – will stay/Equipment/Lessons
- Helena – will stay/Treasurer
- Mary – will stay/Secretary
- Maurna Davidson – Social Convenor
- Al will become Past President
- Bruce will run the elections.
- Need to find a Range Director.
- Discussions on Honorary Memberships.
- Instructional Rates – Committee struck – George, Bruce, James, Jarrod, Dave & Helena.
- Decals – Al showed the new club decals – Available from Al or Jarrod $0.50.
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Dave Ball for NAP/JOP
- Bradley for JOP
- George for lessons
- Kendra for Website
- Mileage for Jarrod to take members to the JOP Outdoor
- M Bruce, 2nd Jarrod – Carried
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
AGM September 28 7:30 PM Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 9:07 PM.