Minutes Board of Directors Meeting March 16, 2015
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:30 PM
2. In Attendance
Al & Mary Wills, Helena Myllyniemi, George Trattner, Jarrod Ball, Matthew Lange, Bradley Clements, Madeleine Lee, Dave Ball, Kendra Savich and, James Collett.
- Regrets: Bev & Bruce Somers, Diana Kaun, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis and Tracy Klat
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Welcome to a fairly busy meeting, lots of business.
- PISE looking for us to participate in their demo day again this year – we don’t have the nets, personnel so we will miss this year.
- Emails concerning lessons etc. (short discussion on improving the FAQs for these questions).
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
19 Jan 2015, as posted on the website. M Jarrod 2nd George Carried.
- Around the room order:
- NAP Program (James/Dave) – Program going very smoothly, lots of positive feedback.
- Pushing new archers to integrate into the regular shooting sessions.
- Tournaments (Rick)(written) – Workshops all went well, small numbers, but good appreciation from attendees.
- MICA went well $280 gross – has marked butt locators with salt, purchased a small solar charger for timing battery
- Next shoot Mar 29, Mary to Judge – need judges for Apr 19 & May 10.
- Membership (Larry) (written) – 145 paid so far this year, 46 have completed the survey, will present at next meeting.
- Has made some changed to renewal process and information on the website.
- Lessons (George) – New course started yesterday, Saanich booked more than expected – George will contact Adam.
- JOP (Bradley) – JOP going very well, numbers vary, but very many shooting 40cm targets already!
- Website (Kendra) – New website is up and running, getting lots of positive feedback – encountered a server issues a few weeks ago causing the entire site to shut down, looking at new providers.
- Treasurer (Helena) – Has now sent $8000 to BCAA for memberships, received first bill for toilets last month.
- Lots of Spring Break classes all through Saanich Recreation.
- She shot the Canadian Indoor Championships placing 8th!
- Junior (Matt) – Toilets are nice & clean, plans to redo them again this weekend.
- Junior (Madeline) – No report.
- JOP (Jarrod) – JOP average 20+ kids, progressing well. Working on a scoring input system that may be able to be used by all of BCAA.
- April 12th is JOP Indoor Championships @ Cowichan.
- Secretary (Mary) – No report.
7. Business Arising
- Judge Clinic – Darcy Falk is not available until later in the spring.
- New Shirts – 12 Black shirts have been ordered being produced now.
- Scorecards – Larry produced new.
- Mailmatches – Barry D is looking after new results are not on the Archery Canada website (Al will contact him)
- 8 -10 are participating – Jarrod and Greg Birtwistle have shot 6 for 60s
8. New Business
- Social Convenor – Still have not found a volunteer.
- Spring Work Party – 11 April 2015, Outdoor range 0930 – BBQ to follow @ noon – Hotdogs & Burgers.
- Al will look into seeding
- Bring tools, gloves, wheel barrows etc.
- New Archer Program – Need to ‘tidy up’ the instructions on the website re drop ins. There can be no ‘drop-ins’ on Sundays unless previously arranged (by contacting Dave). Drop-ins Thursday nights only. (Indoor only)
- Summer Range Program:
- Club nights Wednesday 6:30-9:00PM (Club & NAP) Sundays 12 – 3 PM – JOP 3 – 5.
- Lessons Friday nights 6:30 – 7:30 / Tuesday 6:30 – 8:30, butts on East side of range still open.
- New Butt Stand – Al passed on the Board’s thanks to Vesa – for the new butts stands – Outstanding!!
- Next Step (Saanich) Program – Sponsored by Saanich recreation, where graduates from other Saanich recreation programs can join club activities, has met with limited success, so next year we will try it again with a dedicated instructor.
- Centre (Black) door in gym – We are hitting this door with too many arrows, Al asked that everyone cooperate by not placing butts anywhere near it.
- Camera Recording Equipment – Jarod presented a list of equipment to facilitate recording videos of archers with the club’s ipads
- M Dave/2nd Helena to allocate up to $500 for this equipment.
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Dave Ball & James Collett for NAP
- George, Helena and Matt for lessons
- Jarrod and Bradley for JOP
- M Jarrod/2nd James – Carried
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
April 20, 2015 7:30PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place, Room TBA.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm