Minutes Board of Directors Meeting December 16, 2014
1. Call to order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:30 PM
2. In attendance
Al & Mary Wills, Helena Myllyniemi, Bev & Bruce Somers, George Trattner, Tracy Klat, Jarrod Ball, Diana Kaun, Matthew Lange, Bradley Clements, Larry Gagnon and Rick Ellis.
- Regrets: Madeleine Lee James Collett and Tracy Klat
- Guests: Dave Ball, Kendra Savich
3. Chairman’s opening remarks
Al welcomed all after a most successful Turkey Shoot.
- Emails concerning lessons etc.
5. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
17 November ‘14, as posted on the website. M Larry 2nd Jarrod Carried.
- Around the room order:
- Secretary/Mary – No report;
- JOP/Jarrod –– JOP will continue through the Xmas season;
NAP Program/Dave – 6 – 7 people each night, very well received
- Lessons/George – On going class completed this week, 4 beginner classes and 2 Intermediate classes starting in Jan;
Junior/Matt – No report;
- Target/Rick – Membership draw won by Jim Birtwistle and Greg Fong, starting to get interest in January shoot;
- Bruce no report;
- Website/Kendra – Template is on the web now;
- Bev – No report;
- Membership – Larry – written – 234 members as of today – 71 paid for 2015;
- Diana – Finally have some dates for the Women’s nights;
- Treasurer/Helena – See financial report, last week for lessons this week, Turkey Shoot was a huge success. Rental on the hall seems to be less than last year, could be due to the sharing of programs. Has paid an additional $2000 to BCAA.
7. Business Arising
- Updated Constitution and Bylaws – Al led the Board through a quick look at proposed amendments, will be an on-going process until next fall
- Website – Kendra spoke to the new look, which works on all platforms including tablets and smart phones.
- Ladies Shooting – Diana – Finally has managed to get some timings on Saturday nights 6 – 8, concerned that we may becoming a burden to the staff at Saanich Recreation – M Helena/2nd Jarrod to purchase a $25 gift certificate for the staff. Al will deliver and talk to Adam.
- Intermediate Coaching Clinic – Jarrod and Rick – January 5, 7, 12 & 14 evenings.
- Judge Clinic – Approximately 6 interested, awaiting a date confirmation from the BC Judge Chair.
- Toilets – Bruce again contacted Coast Environmental about the poor service, Toilets were pumped after the 18th meeting, but not cleaned – Bruce will contact them again and look into Save on Septic to see if they can do a better job.
- New Shirts – Jarrod – Fair bit of interest has enough orders for Black shirts, order will go in January 15.
- Membership Data Project – Not enough input yet, tabled till January or February.
8. New Business
- MICA Shoot – not registered last year, now have more JOP shooters probably worth the cost ($30). Rick will register and we will ask our members to pre-register in advance as there is a limited space of 33.
- Targets – Rick reported we are low on 40cm triple targets, Jarrod to check on number of 60 & 80s required. M Jarrod/2nd Bruce to spend up to $500 on targets / Carried.
- Note: Al advised that Archery Canada categories change Jan 1 for what used to be called Bowhunter categories.
- Tournament Incentives – Rick spoke about the program and the need to renew it for the next year and sponsor 2 memberships again. M Rick/2nd Jarrod Carried.
- Mailmatches – Larry will be away Jan – Mar 15, so cannot coordinate this year – discussion on a replacement, Larry will approach Greg or Barry to take it over.
- Workshops – Discussion on workshops for equipment maintenance, basic compound, basic recurve, basic longbow, which could be done as a series with different people running them from within the club. Al, Rick and Jarrod to discuss and come up with a schedule.
- Social Convenor – Tabled to next meetings
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Mary for Turkey Shoot, Rick for MICA tickets, Dave Ball for NAP, George, Brad, Helena and Matt for lessons
- M Jarrod/2nd Diana – Carried
10. Time and Place of next meeting
- January 19, February 23 2015 7:30PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place Room TBA.
11. For the Good of the Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM