Here is the latest news including our last Board Meeting (October 28th):
We have a total of 212 members as of Monday!
Fall Shooting Times
We have new shooting times for Sundays at Saanich Commonwealth Pool – 1:15 – 2:45 JOP and then the club from 2:45 until 4:45.
There will be a coaching course (Instructor Beginner) in Campbell River Nov 14 – 16, details will follow, The club will assist members who wish to participate, please contact Al if you are interested. If you plan on taking any coach training, you will need the manuals at:
We need new judges, if you are interested in Judge training, please contact Al again more details to follow, but we are planning a weekend get togehter with BCAA’s Judge chair in the next month or so. The process is very simple, you can do the first training online, then assist in some tournaments and if you like it, you can move onto more training and certification. Please give this some consideration, we need you!
Drop in Fee
People who have not shot before and have not been members, may visit the club for a ‘try out’, Because of our insurance issues, we must record the names of such guests, so if you are aware of someone who wants to come out, be sure they sign in first.
The following is repeated information, but still topical:
The ladies shooting is finished for now, based on interest we will begin again later this fall, if you are interested, (Ladies only), please provide your feed back to Diana.
Lock the Gate:
We have had quite a few instances lately of the gate not being closed and locked, if you are the last one at the range, please take the responsibility of checking to make sure everything is locked (container compound and gate). Best to go ahead and lock it if you’re not sure.
A few reminders of etiquette and procedures for indoor shooting: – Always be sure your membership card is visible!
1. Whistle rules (always ensure someone is designated to the whistle):
a) 2 short whistles – Archers to the line
b) 1 short whistle – Begin Shooting
c) 3 short whistles – Retrieve arrows
d) 4 or more whistles – EMERGENCY – All stop shooting.
2. Do not nock arrow until everyone is on or behind the shooting line and whistle is blown.
3. Shoot 3 arrows, more allowed if you don’t hold up others
4. Step back from the shooting line when finished shooting
5. Never draw above top of butt. Ensure your arrow will hit the butt, if not, move a butt closer
6. When pulling arrows be careful of those behind you.
7. Check your equipment before shooting.
8. Youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
9. Please help set up, take down and cleanup. Don’t leave this to others, someone has to set up and take down, it doesn’t take long if EVERYONE pitches in! Come a bit early and stay until the end.
10. Ensure the container is locked if you are last to leave.
11. There is NO shooting during work parties, when a work party is called there is no shooting until all the work is complete and the last of the workers has left – The President will open the range when it is appropriate.
Keep an eye on the website, and our facebook page, our tournament schedule is there are as are results, pictures and information on all facets of archery!