Minutes Board of Directors Meeting August 18, 2014
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Cedar Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:35 PM.
2. In Attendance
Al & Mary Wills, Helena Myllyniemi, Bruce & Bev Somers, Larry Gagnon, James Collett, George Trattner, Jarrod Ball, Bradley Clements and Rick Ellis.
- Regrets: Tracy Klat, Barry Snowdon, Diana Kaun
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
As this is the last meeting for this term, Al thanked the Board for their service for the past year and hoped they could continue their good work for archery in Victoria.
- Still many emails and calls about lessons and camps, Rick is fielding many calls concerning events.
- Letter from Barry Snowdon, saying he was moving on and his thanks to the Board.
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
23 June ’14, as posted on the website. M Jarrod 2nd Larry Carried.
6. Business Arising
- Butts – Rick reported butts will be shipped tomorrow, we will have to broker them, Rick is getting all the paper work done.
- Donaconna – Jarrod is ordering more.
- AGM Date, Rick questioned the date and wondered how many we might get after a tournament. After discussion the new date will be Monday September 22 @ 7PM at Commonwealth Place.
Around the room order:
- JOP/Jarrod – Everything is going very well, 2 of our junior members are very close to qualifying for the Winter Games.
- Need 2 coaches for August 24th or will have to cancel for that day.
- Lessons/George – 12 new bows, plus spares have arrived and are now in the container. Now working on the last outdoor course.
- Target/Rick – Scheduled a ‘Field Shoot’ at Cowichan Bowmen September 14. 16 targets, cost $10
- Working on 2015 schedule will be scheduling 720s earlier in the year.
- Treasurer/Helena – all bills are paid, lessons for the summer are winding down, will be doing home school and usual lessons in the fall/winter.
- Bev – Still lots of shirt/hats etc from 2012 Nationals, should give them out for gifts to members?
- Bruce – Tractor engine failed and is in the process of being replaced by Rhys Kent, cost will be in the $800 range.
- Membership/Larry – 188 Members as of today.
8. New Business
- Planning Subcommittee Jarrod/Rick – The subcommittee has met 3 times to discuss the strengths/weaknesses of the club and how it could be more effective in the future and barriers to further growth. Rick will make an initial report at the AGM, the new (2014/15) Board will have to decide on actions from their report
- New Archery Canada Guest policy – clubs may have a ‘drop in’ fee for insuring non-members who take a lesson or are guests, a list of those who ‘drop-in’ must be kept. The suggested fee is $1. Clubs will be asked for a total by the BCAA and billed subsequently.
8. Disbursements for Approval
- Tractor engine, Butts, Brad/Jarrod for JOP, James for lessons, Larry for stationery
- M Bruce/2nd George – Carried
- Discussion on elections for AGM:
- Present board has agreed to stand if required, as per our bylaws, we will elect a Board of Directors plus 6.
- Require a Range Director for Indoor and Outdoor – will implement after the first Board meeting of the new Board.
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
To Be Announced at the AGM.
Annual General Meeting will be held September 22, 2014 7PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place Arbutus Room.
Meeting adjourned at 9:45 PM.