BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: June 2017

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting June 27, 2017

1. Call To Order

Meeting was called to order by the Vice President at the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:06.

2. In Attendance

Al Wills, Mary Wills, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis, Kendra Savich, Vesa Myllyniemi, Bruce Somers, Helena Myllyniemi.

  • Regrets: Jarrod Ball, Matthew Lange, Greg Birtwistle, Brendan Hodgson, Dave Ball.

3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

Thanked everyone for coming out despite the nice weather, not much on the agenda.

4. Correspondence

  • None.

5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting

30 May 2017, as posted on the website. M Larry, 2nd Mary carried.

6. Reports

  • Around the room order:
  • Events (Mary) – Nothing to report.
  • Treasurer (Helena) – All good.
  • Equity (Lisa) – Nothing to report.
  • Membership (Larry) – 187 members. Considering making some changes to the PayPal form on website; will discuss with Kendra.
  • Equipment (Vesa) – Nothing to report.
  • Website (Kendra) – Nothing to report.
  • Tournaments (Rick) – Hasn’t attended any tournaments since last meeting. Some changes to tournament execution in the States, Ontario, Nanaimo regarding marked known distances.
  • Bruce – Nothing to report.
  • Vice President (Al) – Nothing to report.
  • JOP (Jarrod(via notes) – Slight growth coming into summer season but are missing teens who showed up regularly in the indoor season. Jacob and Miranda scored first and broke records for JOP Outdoor.

7. Business Arising

  • Buttress Rebuilding & Testing – 2 block targets are out. Some switches to be made and see how they do.
  • Club Orientation – Ready to go for tomorrow night. Future orientations to be less formal and more personal, with snacks rather than BBQ.
  • BC Indoors 2018 – Visited the site, preliminary budget done.
  • Shelter Moving – Will be done.

8. New Business

  • Signage – Sign that used to read “In case of emergency” has disintegrated, could get a new one made out of more durable material.
  • AGM – Proposed for 26th of September.

9. Disbursements for Approval

  • Matthew for birthday parties and CP
  • Helena for birthday parties
  • M Kendra, 2nd Bruce – Carried

10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting

August 22nd 2017 7:00 PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place, room TBA.

11. For The Good Of The Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM.

Leave a Reply