BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: May 2017

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting May 30, 2017

1. Call To Order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:03pm.

2. In Attendance

Al Wills, Mary Wills, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis, Jarrod Ball, Kendra Savich, Bruce Somers, Vesa Myllyniemi, Helena Myllyniemi.

  • Regrets: Matthew Lange, Greg Birtwistle, Brendan Hodgson, Dave Ball, Maurna Davidson.

3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

Had some happenings since the last shoot, not a lot but going to start with correspondence.

4. Correspondence

  • Message from former member through the website with comments and criticism about the club, especially regarding new member orientation. Discussion of possible compulsory club orientation, member work by tenure, and league competitions.

5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting

25 April 2017, as posted on the website. M Larry, 2nd Al carried.

6. Reports

  • Around the room order:
  • Equity (Lisa) – Nothing to report.
  • Equipment (Vesa) – Received 8 new bows to be put together.
  • Vice President (Al) – Nothing to report.
  • Treasurer (Helena) – We should be good until the end of the year for BC. Saanich owes. Updates on group shoot orders.
  • Tournaments (Rick) – Tournament in May went well, numbers up a little bit. June tournament coming up in two weeks. Judge needed for July – Jarrod and Mary stepped up. Greg Birtwistle doing well in recovery.
  • Events (Mary) – Good turnout for May 14 shoot but no off-island shooters.
  • Bruce – Key to lawnmower axle found.
  • Membership (Larry) – 175 members now, up 9 from last month.
  • Website (Kendra) – Putting together articles from existing reference materials on the website to highlight information. Added “topic” drop down to contact form to make email sorting easier. New member letter template created for Larry to have a look.
  • JOP (Jarrod) – Had 8 new kids show up at once for pretty busy JOP. JOP Outdoors going to be held at Cowichan.

7. Business Arising

  • Invictus Games – Done with.
  • Buttress Rebuilding – Rebuilt 15 in Donnacona, 25 is Bulldog, 35 and 45 are okay but should be swapped before next tournament. 2 new block targets arrived, need one installed at 50. Homemade butt added to the lineup.
  • The Block Target – Covered.
  • Drop-In – Tabled.
  • Tournament Reminder – Jarrod has scheduled Facebook tournament reminders one week in advance, Kendra has scheduled email reminders.
  • Work Party – Went relatively well, good number of people present.

8. New Business

  • BC Indoor Championships 2018 Bid – Looking for bids in August. Al, Bruce, and Jarrod took look at curling rink proposed for event. Committee proposed to draft up a budget for the bid. Al, Larry, Dave, Vesa committed.
  • Website Maintenance – Kendra hasn’t received photos from shoots in a while but still trying to find a new gallery plugin that works well with WP; will look into taking tournament results from Archery Canada as a feed for the site.
  • Volunteers – Encouragement to get more members to get involved as volunteers. Discussion of getting volunteers for help with equipment management etc.
  • Sports Hall Of Fame – Helena nominated for acceptance into the Sports Hall Of Fame in the Builders category.
  • Club Orientation – Syllabus to be ready for next meeting.

9. Disbursements for Approval

  • Rick for butts
  • Matthew for toilets and birthday parties and classes
  • Jarrod for adult lessons and JOP
  • Al for garbage and bows
  • M Al, 2nd Bruce – Carried

10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting

June 27 2017 7:00pm at Saanich Commonwealth Place, room TBA.

11. For The Good Of The Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 8:39pm.

 

Leave a Reply