Minutes Board of Directors Meeting November 23, 2016
1. Call To Order
Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 8:04.
2. In Attendance
Al Wills, Bev Somers, Bruce Somers, Helena Myllyniemi, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis, Jarrod Ball, Matthew Lange, Lisa Lange, Kendra Savich, Dave Ball, Greg Birtwistle.
- Regrets: Mary Wills, Brendan Hodgson, Vesa Myllyniemi
3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Good to see everyone here, heard from Vesa and Mary expressing their regrets.
- Member inquired why George was let go from the Board, Jarrod answered.
- Hugh offered financial services regarding club controls and policies and assistance regarding gaming events.
- Contacted regarding concerns involving airbows. Been getting more inquiries recently about the use of crossbows as well.
- Renewal from WorkSafe BC came in.
5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting
26 October 2016, as posted on the website. M Al, 2nd Kendra carried.
- Around the room order:
- Membership (Larry) – 210 members as of today paid up for this year and next year. Updated website to reflect changes to membership fees and simplified PayPal process.
- Bruce – Everything done.
- Junior (Matt) – Nothing to report.
- Treasurer (Helena) – Sent more money to Sonia, have several cheques from Saanich coming in.
- Equity (Lisa) – Nothing to report.
- Lessons (Dave) – New member joined from drop-in. 20-25 bodies every drop-in night. December the 19th is last before Christmas break, starts again on Jan 9th.
- Range (Greg) – Talked to folks using lawn tractor on other side of the creek and got agreement that they won’t go over any more.
- Vice President (Al) – Took a look at Societies Act, further separates Constitution from Bylaws. Have 2 years to implement changes, should only require minor updates. Land assessment still dragging out, not high on government’s list of priorities.
- Target (Rick) – Talk about tournaments in new business.
- Website (Kendra) – Sent out an email requesting that newsletter subscribed members update their information with interest groups to better improve club services.
- JOP (Jarrod) – JOP has been steady, got request to participate in JOP mail match.
7. Business Arising
- Turkey Shoot Activities Chair – Takes place December 11th. Mary dealing with food. Need someone to help coordinate activities and help make them happen. Didn’t have anyone stepping forward to manage events so put forward that it be downgraded to a potluck Christmas Social. No special activities, will be draws for turkey/grocery gift certificates. M Jarrod, 2nd Bruce carried.
8. New Business
- Financial Control and Policies – Discussed.
- Gaming Grants – Discussed.
- TOP Camp – Target Objective Podium, workshop camp aimed at finding future potential shooters in Canada. Interested in getting set up in BC, and resources at PISE make it a good candidate for hosting. Jarrod interested in trying to organize it.
- Plywood Doors – Vesa sent email about potential materials for door protection at indoor shoot. Motion to grant him expenses for wood sheets. M Jarrod, 2nd Al carried.
- Tournaments Schedule – Rick began putting schedule together for 2017, recommended carrying on with same schedule as last year. Discussion of soliciting volunteer judges while still allowing them to shoot.
- First two tournaments confirmed on January 8 and February 5th.
9. Disbursements for Approval
- Dave for JOP, drop-in, and adult
- Jarrod for JOP and adult
- Vesa for bows
- M Jarrod, 2nd Kendra – Carried
10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting
January 10 2017 7:00PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place, room TBA.
11. For The Good Of The Association
Members gave positive statements on the club.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 PM.