BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: May 2016

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting May 31, 2016

1. Call To Order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:01.

2. In Attendance

Al Wills, Mary Wills, Helena Myllyniemi, Larry Gagnon, Rick Ellis, Jarrod Ball, Matthew Lange, Kendra Savich, Dave Ball, Bev Somers, Bruce Somers, Greg Birtwistle, Brendan Hodgson, Vesa Myllyniemi.

  • Regrets: Maurna Davidson

3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

Things look good outside, we’ve got some new dirt which is great. Been some big changes since our last meeting, the emergency meeting.

4. Correspondence

  • None since the last meeting.

5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting

27 April 2016, as posted on the website. M Larry, 2nd Al carried.

6. Reports

  • Around the room order:
  • Website (Kendra) – Members-only area for meeting minutes and board documents up and running. Distributed password to board members. Other updates complete.
  • Bruce – TOC stand done, needs painting. Dirt dumped and spread, raked, and seeded. Got some quality material for free, secretary to send thank you on behalf of club.
  • Bev – None.
  • NAP Program (Dave) – April 24 was last drop-in day, had 22 guests. Whole program was a good success, 20-22 every night, number of repeats and couple of members out of it.
  • Mary 4 – None.
  • Junior (Matt) – None.
  • Equipment (Vesa) – Assembled the bows we have.
  • Brenden – Not getting meeting minutes emails, Kendra will check spelling of email address in list.
  • Range (Greg) – Bought bags for field course. Toilets were cleaned, will go buy rollers. Work party went well.
  • Target (Rick) – Last tournament went well, 20 archers for morning, 10 for afternoon, good weather. Helena will do next. Medals arrived for regional indoors, 5 for our shoot. Claire got silver in cadet barebow. Next tournament is Sunday June 19.
  • Treasurer (Helena) – Saanich almost up to date on payments, billing has been slow with position up in the air. Last April and May are still unpaid. BC is up to date.
  • Membership (Larry) – 175 members to date, averaging about 5-10 new members per month, a lot slower than the last 2 years. Might have more coming in in the next couple months.
  • Al – None.
  • JOP (Jarrod) – None.

7. Business Arising

  • George Trattner – After last meeting went to George and serve him his notice of all his roles being withdrawn. Equipment was returned and his last payment given. Admitted to claiming a profit on equipment. Process is done but opened some position gaps. Vesa has taken Equipment position; still an opening in Lessons.
  • Funding Subcommittee – Tabled until more interest and people involved; outdoor season thin. Will keep working on and collecting names in the meantime.
  • Judges Stand – Looks fantastic, painting coming along. Worked well for tournament so far.
  • Minutes Details (Members Only Section) – Addressed.
  • Locks For Lockers – Done and great.
  • Coaching Clinic – Planning to have one in September once UVic students back and SSI people can get together.
  • Nets – Need to contact sailmaker George was in contact with. Vesa will take on. Issue with carbon arrows going right through nets. Talk of offsetting the gap from the door and layering.
  • Gym Doors – Don’t need to replace them, going to be bondo’d.
  • New Bows – Done.
  • Dirt – Done and plowed out.

8. New Business

  • Coaching For Lessons – Have a space for our adult coaching on Tuesdays June 7th . Suggestions and requests for coaches to take up two positions. Preference for combination of man and woman coach; at least one needs to be certified. Two 6 week classes, 6-7pm and 7-8pm.
    • Bruce willing to serve as substitute. Helena and Greg 6-7pm class and setup, Dave and Vicki 7-8pm class and takedown for now.
    • Concern of it tasking club too much, should contact Adam to be aware. Will put out request to club members for assistant coaches/helpers as well.
  • Equipment Director – Addressed.
  • James Collett – Has resigned from position.
  • Outdoor Mail Match – Decision of whether to arrange another time for Mail Match, determine who will be coordinating if so.
  • Club Digital Accounts – Proposed central online storage of club-related accounts for website, social media, etc. with access granted to authorized board members so that accounts always under club control in case of changed/MIA members. Approved.
  • Longbow Butt Damage – Longbow archers carving chunks out of butts on range. Recommendation of dedicated butt with sacrificial material.

9. Disbursements for Approval

  • Dave for drop-in.
  • M Kendra, 2nd Greg – Carried

10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting

June 30 2016 7:00pm at Saanich Commonwealth Place, room undecided.

11. For The Good Of The Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.

Leave a Reply