BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: June 2015

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting June 22, 2015

1. Call To Order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Arbutus Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:30 PM.

2. In Attendance

Al & Mary Wills, Bev & Bruce Somers, Helena Myllyniemi, Diana Kaun, Rick Ellis, George Trattner, Jarrod Ball, Bradley Clements, and Dave Ball.

  • Regrets: Larry Gagnon, Matthew Lange, Kendra Savich, James Collett, Madeleine Lee and Tracy Klat.
  • Guests: Didier Vincent.

3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

Thank you all for coming out. The President welcomed Didier Vincent who gave an overview of ‘Clash of Arrows’, a business promoting ‘Archery Tag’. The Board asked questions and it was agreed to provide reciprocal links on our website to them and them to us. They are offering a 15% discount to VB members. Their service starts in September, they are looking for other locations.

4. Correspondence

  • There was no correspondence other than the usual discussions for lessons.

5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting

25 May ‘15, as posted on the website. M Bev, 2nd Rick carried.

6. Reports

  • Around the room order:
  • Secretary (Mary) – No report.
  • Treasurer (Helena) – See financial statements, Saanich still owes several thousand $. Busy summer schedule.
  • Lessons (George) – 2 courses just finished, we will get 4 new members. Outdoor lessons start 7 July, 6 – 8 PM – 16 archers per course, 2 per night.
  • Bev – Toilets – Will pick up new hand sanitizers for the toilets from Planet Earth.
  • Bruce – Lawn mower is not working, will look at it soonest.
  • Tournaments (Rick) – June tournament went well, Mary judging the July 12 event, still need judges for Aug, Sep and Oct, he will email the judges. Mailmatches going well, those taking part in the tournaments are automatically entered, will advertise shooting weekly 720 Sunday mornings at 10.
  • Diana – No report – will discuss women’s shooting under new business.
  • NAP Program (Dave) – New Archer Program– has slowed significantly lately only a few on Wednesday nights.
  • JOP (Jarrod) – Also slow lately probably due to the nice weather and end of school activities. He is taking a group to the JOP outdoor in Cowichan. He is also working with the i@nseo program which will become the defacto scoring program for Archery Canada soon.

7. Business Arising

  • Social Convenor – Jarrod has spoken to a JOP Mom, Maurna Davidson about the position, she is excited to work with us. Al asked Jarrod to ask her to our next meeting; Al explained that she need not become a member as she could be made an honorary member.
    • M Brad/2nd Jarrod to make her an honorary member – CARRIED
  • Judge Clinic – TBA still in the talking stage.
  • Camera Recording Equipment – All ready to go, email Jarrod for use.
  • Survey – Tabled.
  • New Butt – George – almost ready (note from Al – delivered to the range June 25th).
  • Indoor Shooting extension – Cost was $304.16
  • Buy and Sell for website – Also tabled

8. New Business

  • Drop-in Archery – Proposed by Saanich Recreation, for a Monday night (7:30 – 9:30) archery drop in, basic instruction and then an hour’s shooting for $10. Dave and James will discuss working these events, will start in September.
  • Ladies Archery – Will try again in the new season, participation is down, and so this program may not be able to be supported. Diana will look at fall dates.
  • Social Events – Discussion on the need for a BBQ/Meet & Greet at the range, hopefully can be organized by the new Social Convenor.
  • Fall Shooting – Sunday shooting schedule:
    • 11:30 – 1:30 – Lessons
    • 1:45 – 3:45 – JOP
    • 3:45 – 5:45 – Club open shooting
    • Will begin in October.
  • Non Members – Al reported that we are still getting a number of people shooting who are not members, he asked that everyone start asking those shooting to wear their cards so they can be seen. Guest must be signed into the guest book.

9. Disbursements for Approval

  • Dave Ball for NAP/JOP
  • Bradley for JOP
  • George for butt and lessons
  • Mileage for Jarrod to take members to the JOP Outdoor.
  • M Bev, 2nd Rick – Carried

10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting

August 17 2015 7:30 PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place, TBA. This will be the preparation meeting for the AGM, which will be September 28 7:30. Al asked for written reports and for everyone to be able to announce their intentions to server for another term at the August meeting.

11. For The Good Of The Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Leave a Reply