BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: December 2014

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting December 16, 2014

1. Call to order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:30 PM

2. In attendance

Al & Mary Wills, Helena Myllyniemi, Bev & Bruce Somers, George Trattner, Tracy Klat, Jarrod Ball, Diana Kaun, Matthew Lange, Bradley Clements, Larry Gagnon and Rick Ellis.

  • Regrets: Madeleine Lee James Collett and Tracy Klat
  • Guests: Dave Ball, Kendra Savich

3. Chairman’s opening remarks

Al welcomed all after a most successful Turkey Shoot.

4. Correspondence

  • Emails concerning lessons etc.

5. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting

17 November ‘14, as posted on the website. M Larry 2nd Jarrod Carried.

6. Reports

  • Around the room order:
  • Secretary/Mary – No report;
  • JOP/Jarrod –– JOP will continue through the Xmas season;
    NAP Program/Dave – 6 – 7 people each night, very well received
  • Lessons/George – On going class completed this week, 4 beginner classes and 2 Intermediate classes starting in Jan;
    Junior/Matt – No report;
  • Target/Rick – Membership draw won by Jim Birtwistle and Greg Fong, starting to get interest in January shoot;
  • Bruce no report;
  • Website/Kendra – Template is on the web now;
  • Bev – No report;
  • Membership – Larry – written – 234 members as of today – 71 paid for 2015;
  • Diana – Finally have some dates for the Women’s nights;
  • Treasurer/Helena – See financial report, last week for lessons this week, Turkey Shoot was a huge success. Rental on the hall seems to be less than last year, could be due to the sharing of programs. Has paid an additional $2000 to BCAA.

7. Business Arising

  • Updated Constitution and Bylaws – Al led the Board through a quick look at proposed amendments, will be an on-going process until next fall
  • Website – Kendra spoke to the new look, which works on all platforms including tablets and smart phones.
  • Ladies Shooting – Diana – Finally has managed to get some timings on Saturday nights 6 – 8, concerned that we may becoming a burden to the staff at Saanich Recreation – M Helena/2nd Jarrod to purchase a $25 gift certificate for the staff. Al will deliver and talk to Adam.
  • Intermediate Coaching Clinic – Jarrod and Rick – January 5, 7, 12 & 14 evenings.
  • Judge Clinic – Approximately 6 interested, awaiting a date confirmation from the BC Judge Chair.
  • Toilets – Bruce again contacted Coast Environmental about the poor service, Toilets were pumped after the 18th meeting, but not cleaned – Bruce will contact them again and look into Save on Septic to see if they can do a better job.
  • New Shirts – Jarrod – Fair bit of interest has enough orders for Black shirts, order will go in January 15.
  • Membership Data Project – Not enough input yet, tabled till January or February.

8. New Business

  • MICA Shoot – not registered last year, now have more JOP shooters probably worth the cost ($30). Rick will register and we will ask our members to pre-register in advance as there is a limited space of 33.
  • Targets – Rick reported we are low on 40cm triple targets, Jarrod to check on number of 60 & 80s required. M Jarrod/2nd Bruce to spend up to $500 on targets / Carried.
    • Note: Al advised that Archery Canada categories change Jan 1 for what used to be called Bowhunter categories.
  • Tournament Incentives – Rick spoke about the program and the need to renew it for the next year and sponsor 2 memberships again. M Rick/2nd Jarrod Carried.
  • Mailmatches – Larry will be away Jan – Mar 15, so cannot coordinate this year – discussion on a replacement, Larry will approach Greg or Barry to take it over.
  • Workshops – Discussion on workshops for equipment maintenance, basic compound, basic recurve, basic longbow, which could be done as a series with different people running them from within the club. Al, Rick and Jarrod to discuss and come up with a schedule.
  • Social Convenor – Tabled to next meetings

9. Disbursements for Approval

  • Mary for Turkey Shoot, Rick for MICA tickets, Dave Ball for NAP, George, Brad, Helena and Matt for lessons
  • M Jarrod/2nd Diana – Carried

10. Time and Place of next meeting

  • January 19, February 23 2015 7:30PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place Room TBA.

11. For the Good of the Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM