BECOME A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BOWMEN

BOD Meeting Minutes: November 2014

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting November 17, 2014

1. Call To Order

Meeting was called to order by the President at the Pacific Dogwood Room of Saanich Commonwealth Place at 7:30 PM.

2. In Attendance

Al & Mary Wills, Helena Myllyniemi, Bruce Somers, James Collett, George Trattner, Tracy Klat, Jarrod Ball, Diana Kaun, Matthew Lange, Madeleine Lee and Rick Ellis.

  • Regrets: Bradley Clements Bev Somers Larry Gagnon
  • Guest: Dave Ball

3. Chairman’s Opening Remarks

Al thanked all for attending.

4. Correspondence

Completed and returned forms for Worksafe BC.

5. Approval Of The Minutes Of The Last Meeting

27 October ’14, as posted on the website. M Bruce 2nd Jarrod Carried.

6. Business Arising

  • Website – Kendra hasn’t followed up yet.
  • Toilets – Bruce has been in contact with Coast Environmental about the poor service, steps have been taken to improve – Bruce will monitor the situation closely.
  • Coaching Clinic Courtenay – Ian Sparks took the training and incurred hotel costs, Dave Ball will also be certified. M Helena 2nd Jarrod That the club cover these costs – Carried.
  • New Shirts – Jarrod – Design is completed and is working on forms for ordering, Al will add a PayPal button to our Payment (Membership) page – cost $55/$57 PayPal.
  • Membership Data – Rick – survey went out for input, all input is complete ready – Al will contact Larry to send it out.
  • Ladies Shooting – Diana – Tried to reach Adam a few times, not having much luck, Apparently he is back now, so have to try again – Al suggested contacting ‘Margot at bookings’.
  • Judge Clinic – Jarrod – Table to next meeting
  • Intermediate Coaching Clinic – Jarrod and Rick – will investigate some dates.

7. Reports

Around the room order:

  • Tracy – No report
  • Membership – Larry – written – 224 members as of today.
  • JOP/Jarrod – Madeleine and Alex attended the Canada Winter Games trials in Oliver, both placed and excellent 4th!
  • Treasurer/Helena – See financial report, still about $4K to come from Saanich we are in very good shape, lessons are getting full again, doing quite a few Birthday parties Fridays are proving very popular.
  • Junior Representatives/Matt & Madeleine – No report
  • Target/Rick – will discuss in new business
  • Lessons/George – New classes have started, half of new netting now installed.
  • Bev (via Bruce) – Purchased 2 journals for guests both are now in the containers both indoor and outdoor.
  • Bruce – no report
  • Diana – No report
  • James – No report.

8. New Business

  • Possible new property opportunity, Al discussed a new property that may become available in the next year or so, very few details as it is all very tentative.
  • New Archery Program – Dave Ball presented the basis for a ‘New Archer’ program designed to provide instruction and coaching to those who have completed the lessons or want to give archery a try. The program will grow to provide coaching to other archers, Dave and James will start the program and others will be invited to assist.
    • The NAP will begin immediately, George invited Dave to visit his class to introduce himself and the new program.
    • The program will take place on the right side of the gym, we will ALWAYS have a butt at 10 – 15M
  • Judge Training – Al spoke to Ian Sparks training to become a Provincial Judge, we should provide assistance for him to attend the BC Indoor. Hopefully the judge clinic Jarrod is arranging will come to fruition.
  • Board Structure – Al showed the first draft of the new Constitution and Bylaws, it is now posted on the website in an area where the Board can see it and provide input before opening it for comments from the general membership. The Board gave Al some input, which was added, and more input is solicited.
  • Tournaments – Rick asked Mary/Helena/Al for judging dates, Mary took Jan 4, Helena Feb 8 and Mary will judge the MICA March 1, hopefully Ian can assist.
    • Rick will register the slate of tournaments discussed and get it out for consumption.
  • Highland Games – Al received a request for us to do a demo booth, however, there was no interest.
  • Turkey Shoot – Discussion – December 14 – 1:30 – 4, including Pacific Dogwood room for food and overflow – Al will book.

9. Disbursements For Approval

  • Ian for Coaching Clinic, Dave, Jarrod for JOP, James for Coaching and Bev for books, George for Lessons
  • M Bruce/2nd Jarrod – Carried

10. Time And Place Of Next Meeting

December 15, 2014 7:30PM at Saanich Commonwealth Place Arbutus Room.

11. For the Good of the Association

Members gave positive statements on the club.

12. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 9:10 PM.